|Nationality||French / Russian|
|Known for||Virtual reality painting, mixed reality videos|
|Virtual reality live painting performances|
Early adopter of virtual reality, her strong involvement in the community has led her to perform worldwide, in mythic places like the Louvre museum in Paris.
Constantly improving her technique and pushing the boundaries of virtual reality, Anna's immersive artworks look like real oil paintings from any angles. At a TEDx conference, she adopted the term ‘Volumism’ to describe her immersive creations of sculptured paint, because of "the way this technology offers to create any volume and breaks the laws of gravity".
Mixed reality art
For every artwork, Anna produces a mixed reality video. This technique allows a person not equipped with a virtual reality headset, to watch her paint inside the virtual world. The videos are then shared on social networks.
Virtual reality painting performances
Anna Zhilyaeva performs all around the world. Her shows consist in producing an artwork in virtual reality in front of an audience which can see the process live projected on a screen. In June 2018, she recreated a classical painting live at the Louvre museum during a three hours performance. In August 2019, she performed live for 45.000 spectators at the Worldskills 2019 opening in Khazan.
She often performs with musicians, dancers or orchestra like at the EuroScience Open Forum opening in July 2018.
At the age of 14, Anna Zhilyaeva left home to enroll at the fine art school of Orenburg (Russia) with two year in advance and graduated successfully five years later, youngest of the school. With a title of “Artist painter, fine arts teacher” and eager to learn more, she moved to Moscow to attend the Academy of Arts where she studied sculpture and painting restoration. She then studied one year of architecture at the university of Orenburg, one year at the University of Cinema and TV of Saint Petersburg, validated (in one year) a three years diploma of fine art at Herzen University, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
During her studies, she also worked as cartoon animator, portraitist, game designer and freelance illustrator. She was Art Director at Lenizdat, the oldest publishing house of Saint Petersburg, when she decided to move to France and pursue her studies. After obtaining a master’s degree in Education, she founded a non-profit organization where she has been teaching fine art.
- VR awards (London, Nov. 2017)
- Louvre museum (Paris, June 2018)
- EuroScience Open Forum opening (Toulouse, July 2018)
- Campus party (Milan, July 2018)
- Arabian Trade Market (Dubai, April 2018)
- Theatre Casino de Paris (Paris, September 2018)
- VR days (Zurich, September 2018)
- TEDx Bologna (Bologna, October 2018)
- Web summit (Lisbon, November 2018)
- TEDx Bergamo (Bergamo, March 2019)
- Prada invites (Paris / Milan / London / Berlin, April 2019)
- Web Marketing Festival opening (Rimini, June 2019)
- Worldskills 2019 opening (Khazan, August 2019)
- Opex Day conference, Hugo Boss (Izmir, Septembre 2019)
- Design Week Turkey (Istanbul, November 2019)
- 'A Carnival of Fantasies', HTC / National Palace Museum of Taiwan (Taipei, December 2019)
- NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum (Mumbai, February 2020)
- "Five Inspiring Creators Working In The Immersive Industry". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Top 23+ Women in VR". Briovr. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "TEDxBologna | TED". www.ted.com. Retrieved 2018-11-17.
- "Lenizdat", The Free Dictionary, retrieved 2020-02-01
- "VR Awards 2017 - Celebrating outstanding achievement in Virtual Reality". VR Awards. Retrieved 2018-11-17.
- "Anna Zhilyaeva – Campus Party Italia". italia.campus-party.org (in italiano). Retrieved 2018-11-17.
- "Workshops". VRDAYS Zürich (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2018-11-17.
- Antena 1 (2018-11-07). "Anna Zhilyaeva (VR Artist) | Web Summit 2018 | Antena 1". Retrieved 2018-11-17.
- "OPEX DAY 2019". opex.hbtrinside.com. Retrieved 2020-02-01.